Seapower programs require teams of diverse professionals with top-level skills in program management, operations, sub-contract management, business communications, and customer interface. These teams are responsible for manufacturing planning and execution of their specific programs.
This position is responsible for the Operations Management of an Integrated Product Team to ensure execution of a series of programs in the Above Water Sensors (AWS) business area. This role includes the overall management and participation in all phases of program development from new business capture through development, execution and close-out. The duties of this role also include, but are not limited to: the overall management and coordination of manufacturing resources to support program requirements, CAM responsibility of a $20M budget, serve as primary interface across all required Operations value streams, lead role in implementing engineering change orders and support EVMS reporting requirements. This role will include presenting to the Program Director and Navy Customer, representing his/her IPT team and operations performance. The IPT Lead is directly responsible for the performance of his/her program team.
Other duties include managing the coordination and execution of program schedules with ISC, Logistics, Subcontracts, Engineering, and other CBTs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing the cost, schedule, and quality of Whole Life, Fleet Readiness, and Technology Insertion programs within the AWS business area.
- CAM responsibility of $20M with EVMS reporting and management capability
- Leading IPT-based teams in the development and implementation of cost and schedule improvements through project planning, team building, and recurring task management.
- Loading program requirements/direction via the work authorization process; striving to maintain an executable schedule in MRP
- Drive R6S continuous improvement initiatives within the business, as well as support to ISC continuous improvement initiatives at critical supplier facilities
- Support the preparation and presentation of weekly/monthly Ops program reviews and support EAC development, program Tracking Book/EVMS reviews, IMS/IMP maintenance, AOP inputs, and Capital Planning
- Actively utilize Raytheon Six Sigma as enabler to achieve program commitments, implement best practices, and delight the IBT and the external customer
The position will be based at the Integrated Air Defense Center (IADC) in Andover, MA
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience
- Proven experience in developing manufacturing strategies and proposals
- Experience with Operations Management working in an Integrated Product Team/Cross Business Team (IPT / CBT) environment to ensure effective transition of programs from design to manufacturing.
- Lean Manufacturing and Management experience.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Strong team building skills necessary to lead a multi-disciplined team.
- Excellent verbal / written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to create complex IMS via Microsoft Project.
- Lean, Six Sigma and other Continuous Improvement experience
- Masters Degree in Engineering, Operations or Business (i.e. MBA, or MS/MA) desired.
- Knowledge of and experience with IPDS (Integrated Product Development System) processes.
- Understanding of Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) and proficiency in PRISM.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience dealing with suppliers and subcontractors.
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor's degree (preferred fields but not limited to: Engineering; Operations Management; Business Management, Finance) or equivalent education and experience