Are you a collections specialist looking for a new and exciting job opportunity? This may be a great position for you. Our client, a Fortune 500 corporation, is looking for a Collections specialist to work in the Andover location. We challenge you to take an active role in our team of Collections Specialists who will be responsible for cash collections with a defined group of major /key customer accounts by maintaining excellent relationships with our customers, internal finance leadership, and cross-functional business partners.
This assignment is estimated to begin as soon as a candidate is identified and is expected to end in February 2017. The position is paying $17.88 per hour.
As a collections specialist you will be monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts through follow up and possibly implement alternative payment options. You will make collection and billing calls to delinquent accounts.
- Manage an active customer base of key accounts averaging $12 -$20 million dollars dependent on portfolio mix.
- Contact clients with past due balances in the portfolio to obtain payment, payment commitment, and follow up on payment promises.
- Meets or exceeds targeted cash collections metrics, reducing past due, bad debt exposure, and other quantitative targets.
- Accountable for reporting any disputed/ short paid invoices, identifying root cause, and collaborating with the internal department to expedite resolution/payment.
- Escalate major collection issues with Management that may require special attention/ support.
- Prepare proposals for agency placement and write off to bad debt.
- Support and develop accounts receivable lean process improvements.
- Assist the cash applications department with resolving payment application discrepancies ensuring adjustments are completed in a timely fashion.
Working hours: 8:30 - 5:00
We are looking for:
--A professional candidate with a strong collections background in business to business collections with a customer service/retention mindset.
--A minimum of 2 years of experience working in a customer facing environment. I.e Customer Service, Accounting, Contracts, or Purchasing department helpful.
--Basic knowledge of accounting principles preferred.
--SAP or similar ERP accounting application experience preferred.
--Understanding of PCI (payment card industry) Sox compliance (internal control standards) in a collections environment preferred.
--Experience within the healthcare or medical manufacturing industry is beneficial.
--Experience in working with collection software a plus, not required.
Experience: 3-5 years professional experience in related field.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred.
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please email a current resume to email@example.com and take a few moments to complete our online application. Thanks for your interest in working with Randstad!!
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Salary: $17.88 - 17.88 per hour + none