This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Thousand Oaks or Woodland Hills, CA
Richmond or Norfolk, VA
New York City, NY
Responsible for serving as an expert in data analysis, reporting and formulating recommendations and providing guidance to business.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
1. Creates and maintains databases to track business performance.
2. Analyzes data and summarizes performance using summary statistical procedures.
3. Develops and analyzes business performance reports (e.g. for membership, claims data, provider data, utilization data) and provides notations of performance deviations and anomalies.
4. Creates and publishes periodic reports, as well as any necessary ad hoc reports.
5. May require taking business issue and devising best way to develop appropriate diagnostic and/or tracking data that will translate business requirements into usable decision support tools.
6. May make recommendations based upon data analysis.
7. Provides analytic consultation to other business areas, leadership or external customers.
8. Data analysis and reporting encompasses a much higher level of complexity.
9. Creates provider-level reporting identifying cost and quality improvement opportunities; ensures the data 'tells a story' and highlights actionable next steps.
Requires a BS/BA degree in related field.
Minimum of 5 years experience.
Any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
HMO knowledge is preferable.
Experience with relational databases and knowledge of query tools and statistical software is required.
SAS and/or SQL are preferred.
Excel is required.
Ability to manipulate large sets of data.
Strong analytical, organizational, presentation, and problem solving skills.
Ability to do data visualization.
Experience with DOFR (Division of Financial Responsibility) analysis.
This job is more focused on higher level technical expertise, mentoring staff in lower job levels, more customer facing, higher level of collaboration, work is higher volume and/or higher risk, and modeling as compared to the Bus Info Analyst Sr job.
/Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America?s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2014 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran./
Job Reporting & Data Analysis
Title: Business Info Consultant - 122038SK
Requisition ID: 122038 43f13ae048dd445f9a5644b1b08af846
We recently changed our name from WellPoint to Anthem, Inc., the name people know us by best. As our companies continue to take a more active role in helping people access the right health care and programs, going by a name that people know and trust is important.
Anthem, Inc. is one of the nation's leading health benefits insurer and a Fortune Top 50 company. At Anthem, Inc., we are working to transform health care with trusted and caring solutions and meaningfully advance affordability and better health outcomes for our health plan members. Nearly 69 million people are served by our affiliated companies including more than 37 million enrolled in our family of health plans.
- One in nine Americans receives coverage for their medical care through Anthem's affiliated plans.
- We offer a broad range of medical and specialty products.
Bring your expertise to our innovative, achievement-driven culture, and you will discover lasting rewards and the opportunity to help drive the future of health care.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2014 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our co