America?s Job Exchange
America?s Job Exchange is seeking a hands-on software product development leader. This is a multi-function position. In addition to building and helping to manage an onshore and offshore engineering team, you will also have platform management responsibility. Responsibilities include product development and project management of web sites, job scraping and import functions, job distribution services, and also managing the server platforms.
The combination of software product development and software engineering leadership experience is critical for this role. This position reports directly to the VP of Engineering.
- Confer with stakeholders to discuss project specifications, deliverables, and priorities.
- Coordinate and direct projects, assigning resources, tracking and reporting progress against goals.
- Ensure product delivery is of a high quality with each and every release.
- Lead high level architecture design.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department.
- Recruit employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work.
- Mentor, coach, and developteam members.
- Manage the QA, production, and development operations platforms.
- Leadership experience working with a small onshore and offshore development team.
- Experience setting the technology direction for team ? evaluating options, making decisions, and evaluating results.
- Strong ability to translate business needs into a software development roadmap.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in developing SaaS and/or cloud-based applications.
- Experience in Java programming in web application software development.
- Working knowledge of Spring, Hibernate, Lucene, and MySQL
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle.
- Experience in Agile practices
- Strong analytical, problem solving and debugging skills.
Time Warner Cable is among the largest providers of video, high-speed data and voice services in the United States, connecting 16 million customers to entertainment, information and each other. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers data, video and voice services to businesses of all sizes, cell tower backhaul services to wireless carriers and enterprise-class, cloud-enabled hosting, managed applications and services. Time Warner Cable Media, the advertising sales arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions.