Job title: Manager, Messaging & Collaboration Operations
Location: Andover, MA
Who We Are:
NaviSite, Inc., a Time Warner Cable Company, is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise-class, cloud services, managed applications and managed hosting solutions. NaviSite provides a full suite of reliable and scalable solutions for organizations looking to outsource IT infrastructures and lower their capital and operational costs. Enterprise customers depend on NaviSite for customized solutions, delivered through a global footprint of state-of-the-art data centers. For more information, please visit http://www.navisite.com.
NaviSite, Inc. is looking for an individual experienced in the management of diverse technical resources in a fast paced, highly technical environment. This person must be technically skilled in nature and must fully understand the workings of the Microsoft Exchange architecture and supporting applications. Candidate should have experience supporting and upgrading Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint environments, and will have primary responsibility for the management of technical staff who perform technical support of live customer environments.
US Citizenship is required.
Candidate will handle escalated issues and will be required to handle technical issues personally in some cases. They will coordinate the development and execution of technical objectives with the Client Care, Hardware, Networking, and Data Center / Service Center Operations teams.
The individual will have specific accountability for the management of the Messaging and Collaboration Operational support. This includes:
- Lead day-to-day Operations of the Microsoft Exchange, O365, Lync and SharePoint technologies including technical support, and issue resolution.
- Manage the fulltime Engineers ensuring that they continuously improve the fulfillment of all aspects of operational service delivery and keep pace with changing technology.
- Act as a key resource in the support of complex customer environments to ensure that the customer s operational expectations are fully met.
- Accept customer environments with clear documentation and transfer of ownership from Exchange Implementations team
- Consultation with Exchange Implementations group for scripts and processes proposed for new and existing customers.
- Partner with the Service Management, to ensure customer stability and SLAs are consistently met
- Review of customer account assignments, evaluate staffing metrics, geographic alignment and service delivery performance to determine and manage to an optimal service delivery staffing plan.
- Nurture a high performance culture, lead and manage accordingly; instill motivation in the team. Mentor staff, assist in hiring, design resource plans, and communicate organizational structure and roles based on the activities and needs of the customer.
- Interact with customers to ensure technical delivery goals and objectives are clear, and ensure that delivery expectations are met.
- On-site presence at the customer as required, facilitating relationships and communicating on key issues and providing metrics at customer quarterly reviews.
- Work with Management team to implement and configure operational processes and metrics for Exchange, O365 and SharePoint.
- Manage Messaging, Lync and SharePoint environments for both dedicated and O365 customers.
- Providing technical support and assisting supporting Messaging resources to troubleshoot and operational issues for customer solutions.
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing resources in a Messaging and collaborations environments running legacy and recent versions
- Experience installing and supporting email archive and hygiene products.
- 5-8 years of experience supporting the Microsoft Exchange and Lync infrastructures, understanding of Active directory and networking load balancing topologies across multiple environments, thorough knowledge of BlackBerry and Mobile device management solutions
- Experience with Microsoft?s practices for supporting Exchange, Lync architectures and SharePoint in a multi-tenant environment as well as O365.
- Must have experience supporting O365 hybrid, ADFS and DirSync in productions environment
- Strong technical foundation in Microsoft PowerShell and other scripting languages, especially mailbox cmdlets and modifications of email addresses.
- Well versed in performance tuning and troubleshooting efforts.
- Capable of providing technical support and guidance supporting new Microsoft Messaging environments and refreshing non-production environments.
- Must have fundamental knowledge of server and networking design and concepts.
- Ability to deal with customers with a range of technical abilities; ability to translate complex technical concepts into clear customer-facing language
- Experience with supporting and configuring Active Directory including administration of AD and mail routing concepts.
- Technical background in server management
- Experience supporting monitoring for messaging and collaboration suites including Microsoft SCOM.
- Excellent organizational, planning, problem solving and project management skills.
- Strong Visio and Excel skills
- Leadership skills a must!
- Candidate should have a Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science or a similar equivalent skill.
Additional Experience and Knowledge that will be helpful but not required:
- Experience supporting large scale messaging and collaboration projects.
- Deep understanding of all facets of the archive products and steady-state support
Time Warner Cable is among the largest providers of video, high-speed data and voice services in the United States, connecting 16 million customers to entertainment, information and each other. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers data, video and voice services to businesses of all sizes, cell tower backhaul services to wireless carriers and enterprise-class, cloud-enabled hosting, managed applications and services. Time Warner Cable Media, the advertising sales arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions.