Location: Andover, MA
NaviSite, a Time Warner Cable company, is a leading provider of cloud-enabled enterprise hosting and application management services. It provides customized and scalable solutions, leveraging its industry leading hosting infrastructure; full suite of managed services; and custom and packaged application life cycle management expertise. More than 1,500 customers depend on NaviSite for customized solutions delivered through its global footprint, comprised of state-of-the-art data centers.. For more information, please visit www.navisite.com.
The Sr. Project Manager, Messaging and Collaboration will be accountable for managing Client installation projects for NaviSite. Client installation projects range from 12 ? 30+ weeks and are performed by a matrix team of 4-20 technical engineering resources across multiple engineering teams. The NaviSite Messaging and Collaboration suite currently spans Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Lync and SharePoint. The Messaging and Collaboration Project Manager (MCPM) is the ?engine of progress? who understands the Client goals and requirements, understands each engineering tower of the project, and owns the logistical intersections between towers. The MCPM has comprehensive ownership and accountability of the delivery of that project, including management, communication, status reporting, and billing.
Each Messaging and Collaboration Project Manager will be responsible for managing a portfolio of multiple Client implementation projects simultaneously. The MCPM is a key Client-facing manager during these installations and is accountable for the successful delivery of messaging implementation projects and their infrastructure installation components.
The Sr. Project Manager, Messaging and Collaboration will have the following responsibilities:
- Successfully managing Client implementation projects for NaviSite Managed Services, specifically for Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Lync and SharePoint installations. Projects for Managed Domino support may also be required.
- Oversee and coordinate multiple teams of technical engineering resources to perform installation tasks
- Manage multiple Client projects simultaneously
- Oversee project execution, coordinating engineering activities and keeping our Client?s updated on project progress
- Oversee quality assurance cycle for new implementations
- Apply learning from past projects to future projects by developing and continuously improving tools, templates and processes to facilitate implementation efforts.
This position requires
- Strong experience in leading, managing and participating in cross-functional IT infrastructure projects across multiple clients; specifically for Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Lync, and SharePoint installations.
- Strong project management skills and thorough knowledge and daily use of project planning tools such as Microsoft Project
- Deep knowledge of messaging implementations and core concepts of messaging and collaboration, especially within the Microsoft suite of messaging and collaboration
- Working knowledge of datacenter operations and technical implementations such as networking, hardware buildout, O/S buildout
- Experience in small, mid, and large-scale project management, including the management of project teams
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships and to influence peers, managers and other teams
- Strong written and oral communication
- Strong facilitation skills
- Working knowledge of Project Management Best Practices
- Ability to multi-task between concurrent assignments and to work in a fast pace organization
- Very strong attention to detail
- Business and/or Technical bachelors degree (or equivalent)
- 7+ years past experience in related businesses and fields
Travel Requirements: 20% or less
Time Warner Cable is among the largest providers of video, high-speed data and voice services in the United States, connecting 16 million customers to entertainment, information and each other. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers data, video and voice services to businesses of all sizes, cell tower backhaul services to wireless carriers and enterprise-class, cloud-enabled hosting, managed applications and services. Time Warner Cable Media, the advertising sales arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions.