What You Will Do-- Sr. UNIX / Linux Sys Admin, Cloud Systems:
The Sr. UNIX / Linux Sys Admin, Cloud Systems will be in charge of maintaining a UNIX / Linux-based 1,500+ Unix/Linux environment connected to heterogeneous storage environment (NAS/SAN-EMC/IBM/HP etc.). Some key responsibilities include.
- ESX and Vmware administration
- Red Hat /Centos advanced administration
- Advanced Unix administration HP/Solaris
- IBM and Netapp Storage Array Administration
- UNIX scripting and process automation
- Work with Enterprise Data protection software
- Work with Enterprise Monitoring software (snmp based monitoring products)
- Manage Symantec Veritas Cluster & Veritas Volume Manager systems
- Manage and configure Unix addon utilities
- Manage OS patching
- System hardening and vulnerability assessment
- Work with hardware/software vendors.
What We Are Looking for in a Sr. UNIX / Linux Sys Admin, Cloud Systems:
- Due to SIAS requirements, candidate must be a US Citizen
- 7+ years? experience in Infrastructure/System administration primarily in Unix/Linux environment
- 3+ years? experience in ESX/ VmWare administration in enterprise environment
- 5 + years? experience with UNIX /Linux operating systems in enterprise environment
- 3+ years? experience in Storage Administration in enterprise environment
Highly Skilled in:
- Administration & troubleshooting of ESX and VmWare (Vsphere 5.x and 4.x) platform.
- Advanced Administration Red hat/Centos physical/virtual hosts.
- Advanced Unix administration Solaris 8/9/10 /HP 11.x.
- Advanced Storage administration from IBM/EMC/Netapp.
- Manage Brocade director class SAN switches.
- Advanced NAS administration from Netapp/EMC.
- Hardware models from HP Blades and Chassis, Sun Sparc Systems, HP/EMC/Netapp Storage, Brocade Switches
- Developing UNIX scripts for system monitoring, automate repetitive tasks, generate performance stats etc.
- Working with Enterprise Backup Software (Netbackup/HPDP/Commvault etc)
- Working with Enterprise Monitoring software (snmp based monitoring products)
- Managing Symantec VCS clusters & VxVm systems
- Configuring/managing utilities like ssh, sudo, dns(bind), ftp, ldap, syslog, snmp, smtp (postfix) etc.
- Managing OS patching & process (Linux/Solaris/HP etc.)
- Solaris Zones administration
- OSI layer, TCPIP addressing, Routing, Firewall etc.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills around UNIX file systems, tcp connectivity, networking and application integration
- Performance monitoring and capacity planning
- Troubleshoot complex issues and provide root cause analysis,
- Work with vendors to resolve hardware/software/firmware issues
- Red Hat certification
- Vmware certification
Good to have:
- Linux administration in Cloud environment
- Perl scripting
- ITIL certification
- Storage Certification (EMC/Netapp)
Time Warner Cable is among the largest providers of video, high-speed data and voice services in the United States, connecting 16 million customers to entertainment, information and each other. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers data, video and voice services to businesses of all sizes, cell tower backhaul services to wireless carriers and enterprise-class, cloud-enabled hosting, managed applications and services. Time Warner Cable Media, the advertising sales arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions.